For a lot of people, the idea of stepping on stage to display your body seems either crazy or too far out of the realm of possibility to even consider. I’m here to tell you that I’ve seen some incredible transformations and that just about anybody has what it takes to step on stage on be competitive – as long as the desire is there.
I won’t lie – it’s tough. Doing it on your own is especially tough. With the right coach in your corner, you have every advantage one can possibly have in undertaking something like this.
What should you expect from your coach? How about:
- A training regimen, including weights and cardio
- An eating plan customized specifically for you, designed to strip fat, build muscle, and get as lean as possible
- The ever-important posing practice and guidance
- Advice regarding supplements
- Help with everything from picking the right show, to finding the right shoes and suit, to getting all your paperwork in order
- Accountability with short-term goals to help guide you to the long-term goal of bringing your best ever package to the stage
And if you sign up for my early-morning or midday Figure Bootcamp, you get 4 intense workouts per week, so you know you’re not only working hard enough to get results, but also using correct form to stay safe and injury-free. You’ll also be part of a team of people with similar goals, which is a huge asset in an individual sport that almost encourages isolationist behavior at times due to the strict diet involved.
Better yet, you can have your own bootcamp put together to fit your availability. If you have a group of 3-4 friends or co-workers who want the expertise of a coach behind you to prepare for a competition, call or e-mail me to discuss setting that up.